Gordon Harrison • oils supply list
Paints (Gordon uses Winton oil colours) SOFT Mixing white • Permanent rose • Cadmium red HUE • Sap green • Viridian green HUE • CAD YELLOW PALE HUE • Cadmium orange HUE • Ultramarine blue • Pthalo blue, Diazoxide purple • Burnt sienna.
• Canvas panels in various sizes, not too big, 2 for each day: 9x12, 12x12,
11x14…or your favorite sizes.
• Some medium (whatever you use) Liquin for
• Non-toxic, odourless solvent in a sealable container for cleaning brushes.
• Rags and a small garbage bag.• Palette...whatever you use • Palette knife.
• Selection of bristle brushes (Gordon uses brights).
• Small sketch pad and pencil (Gordon sketches his composition right on the panel.
with India Ink and a small sketching brush)…you will need India ink, brush and
some water for cleaning the brush.
• For plein air painting you will need an Easel • Stool or chair • Sun hat
• Sunscreen • Bug spray • Apron and a camera if you like to take pictures.
We will be in the studio for inclement weather so it is a good idea to bring some of your own references.
NOTE: Recommending the HUE makes the paints cheaper and less toxic.